Monday, October 22, 2007

Well, it's over. I'm thankful for that. The exam was really hard--all sorts of craziness. The good news is I got an email from Dr. Hileman this morning telling me I passed the multiple choice section, missing 2 questions. I'll take that! She is going to call me after the committee meets to review the essays sometime in the next week or two. Bluh. I hate the idea of waiting. The essays were really tough and I do think I may not have done as well as I could have. If that is the case, then I guess I'll just have to retake them in the spring.

Over the weekend, Dr. Hileman and I also discussed my thesis. She told me thus far my first draft has been really good considering. However, we both agree (I had secretly thought this as well) that it's not going to be ready this semester. So I am going to work to get as much done as possible, but probably I will finish in the spring. And I'm okay with that. I want it to be really good and the truth is, I can't focus all my time on it as I have a full time job and a family.

That being said, studying for the MA Exam got me really inspired to make some great improvements based on the comments I received. So this week I am diving back into my writing. Maybe that will help pass the time until I find out the results of the essay section.

No comments: